Forums

What to do if your son is bullying other students  

RSS

Carolina Miller
(@cmiller)
10/07/2019 6:58 pm  

Recently, I was asked to go to my son's school because he was bullying two students, one girl and a boy. I asked him about it but he won't answer. I'm afraid that he'll grow up like this but I don't know the right way to approach him. His dad grounded him from going out and almost beat him after finding out what happened at his school. Anyone here who experiences the same thing? How do you discipline your child?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Caroline Soriano
(@csoriano)
Admin
21/07/2019 3:31 pm  
Posted by: @cmiller

Recently, I was asked to go to my son's school because he was bullying two students, one girl and a boy. I asked him about it but he won't answer. I'm afraid that he'll grow up like this but I don't know the right way to approach him. His dad grounded him from going out and almost beat him after finding out what happened at his school. Anyone here who experiences the same thing? How do you discipline your child?

Hi Mommy Carolina, this is admin C!

I can't imagine how distressful your and your child's situation is but don't worry, I believe you can still address the issue. 

Now that you've learned about the bullying, it's best to address it as soon as possible. This will let not only let your child know that you're aware of the situation, it will also imply that his actions are not tolerated.

There are various reasons why a child bullies another and it can be anything: peer pressure, inability to control temper, result of being bullied by another person, etc. Whatever it is, find out the root cause but be sure never tolerate any excuse rather, explain to him that bullying is a choice. That being said, it's his responsibility and no one else and that there should be a consequence for his action.

For instance, if he's using his mobile phone to bully other kids, you can ground him from using technology, including WiFi.

I know it's easier said than done but it's important to find out as much as you can and discipline your child immediately and appropriately.

I found a great article on how to discipline your child for bullying. I hope this helps!

Thank you for sharing this.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: