Forums

Ways to relieve depression  

RSS

Alicia Mendoza
(@amendoza)
11/07/2019 4:02 am  

After two years of trying to get pregnant, I'm about to give up and accept the fact that I can't and won't be able to have a child anymore. Also, I found out that I'm suffering from PCOS and this makes pregnancy almost impossible. This made me anxious and doubtful about myself and I almost feel depressed all the time. It's affecting my work, my relationship with my husband, and my sleep. Sometimes, I oversleep and sometimes, I barely sleep at all. I also don't have the appetite to eat anymore. My friend advised me to visit a mental health professional but I'm still hesitant. I've been reading articles about depression and most depressed who seek for professional help did not really get the assistance they need.

Anybody here who experiences the same things?

ReplyQuote
Caroline Soriano
(@csoriano)
Admin
21/07/2019 4:54 pm  
Posted by: @amendoza

After two years of trying to get pregnant, I'm about to give up and accept the fact that I can't and won't be able to have a child anymore. Also, I found out that I'm suffering from PCOS and this makes pregnancy almost impossible. This made me anxious and doubtful about myself and I almost feel depressed all the time. It's affecting my work, my relationship with my husband, and my sleep. Sometimes, I oversleep and sometimes, I barely sleep at all. I also don't have the appetite to eat anymore. My friend advised me to visit a mental health professional but I'm still hesitant. I've been reading articles about depression and most depressed who seek for professional help did not really get the assistance they need.

Anybody here who experiences the same things?

Hi Alicia, this is admin C!

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's helpful especially for moms who are experiencing the same things. In my opinion, it's still best to seek professional help especially now that it's affecting you in many ways. What you can do is research for a psychologist/psychiatrist and check reviews from their patients online.

You'll never know if a medical professional can help you or not unless you try, right?

But if you're not really comfortable with this idea, maybe you can find a person you can trust and just tell whatever it is that's going in your head. Someone who will just listen rather than respond. Sometimes, it feels good to just let it out. 

Hope this helps. Thank you!

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: