Forums

How do you handle stress?  

RSS

Carolina Miller
(@cmiller)
12/07/2019 8:02 pm  

I don't know if I'm on the right board but I think it's related with mental health anyway. I just want to ask how you guys deal with stress. Sometimes I think too much thoughts and pressure are consuming me that it affects my sex life with husband.

Sometimes I don't feel like doing it anymore because I'm too exhausted.

Can you share your experience so other moms can be enlightened, too? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Caroline Soriano
(@csoriano)
Admin
21/07/2019 4:28 pm  
Posted by: @cmiller

I don't know if I'm on the right board but I think it's related with mental health anyway. I just want to ask how you guys deal with stress. Sometimes I think too much thoughts and pressure are consuming me that it affects my sex life with husband.

Sometimes I don't feel like doing it anymore because I'm too exhausted.

Can you share your experience so other moms can be enlightened, too? Thanks!

Hi Carolina, this is admin C!

I feel you! I feel like I'm stressed physically and mentally that I don't have the energy to do other things anymore. I can't even squeeze a 10-minute workout simply because I don't feel like doing so.

I work at night time and after a couple of hours of sleep, I wake up again to do household chores and spend time with my child. It feels like I'm not motivated to do other things outside work and like you, my relationship with my husband is affected.

So last week, I tried a different routine. Rather than wake up at 1 am to work online, I wake up at 5 am and work for at least 3 hours (or until the little one's awake). Before lunch, I try to do a 10 to 20-minute workout (3 to 4 times a week) and sleep for at least an hour or two. Do a bit of household again after waking up, work until 6-7 PM and stop everything after dinner. And by that I mean minimize social media and bond with my family instead.

So far, I still feel a little tired but at least my mind's not that exhausted. I also drink tea at night and listen to music. 

I also find it helpful if I can have a quick me-time outside the house, like have a coffee date with a friend. Sometimes, getting out of the house is refreshing.

I hope this helps! Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Katia Evans
(@kevans)
Eminent Member
24/07/2019 4:58 pm  

Hi @cmiller! Whenever I feel like the stress is too much, I palpitate a lot so I make sure to do something about it. Sometimes, I walk for about 30 mins to an hour, jog, or watch a few series on Netflix and just breath.

I also buy a couple of beers or wine just to unwind. For me, this is one of the best ways to remove any pressure. It relaxes my mind but I make sure to not go for more than a couple of glasses otherwise, I'll turn into a freak! 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Caitlin Wilson
(@cwilson)
Eminent Member
29/07/2019 4:27 pm  

@cmiller

I think stress is one thing you get after motherhood. Kidding but seriously, it's normal. We juggle a lot of things and raising a kid alone is too much of a pressure. What I do to avoid stress is listen to music. It's cheap and easy to do. Just plug in your earphones to your ears or turn on the radio.

I also listen to guided meditation before I go to sleep or watch funny videos. It may not take the stress completely but for me, it makes me feel a little better. 

ReplyQuote
lillywillams
 lillywillams
(@lillywillams)
17/09/2019 10:30 am  

Stress is a normal part of life and can be a good thing in small amounts. Chronic stress can negatively impact work and home life and be detrimental for our health. To reduce your stress level check out this article https://www.omegabrite.com/10-ways-to-reduce-stress-in-your-life-now/

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: