Forums

Delayed developments  

RSS

Ashley Mulero
(@amulero)
12/07/2019 5:07 pm  

Hi mommies,

My son's turning 1 year old this September but I think his milestones are delayed. Unlike what I'm seeing in other kids, my son can't stand on his own from a sitting position, can't babble a word yet (not even mama), can't point things, and he rarely do the open-and-shut thing.

Anybody here who experiences the same things? Should I seek professional help now?

ReplyQuote
Caroline Soriano
(@csoriano)
Admin
18/07/2019 2:47 pm  
Posted by: @amulero

Hi mommies,

My son's turning 1 year old this September but I think his milestones are delayed. Unlike what I'm seeing in other kids, my son can't stand on his own from a sitting position, can't babble a word yet (not even mama), can't point things, and he rarely do the open-and-shut thing.

Anybody here who experiences the same things? Should I seek professional help now?

Hi mommy Ashley, it's admin C!

I think for now it's normal. You're son's still too young to tell if he's having any delayed developments. Also, every child's milestone is different from the others. I believe this article can help you.

Anyway, my son's motor skills are quite advanced but when it comes to speaking, I thought he needed help, too. Unlike he's cousin (a year younger than him), he can't compose a phrase or utter a word. He understands what I say though but still, I'm a bit alarmed. However, some parents told me to wait until he's over 2 years old and if it's still the same, I should talk to a pedia.

But if you're really worried about it, you can talk to your son's doctor as early as now just to know to clarify your concerns. 😊  Please feel free to share your experience or any progress. Happy parenting!

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: