Forums

How can a mom bring back her self-confidence  

RSS

Ashley Mulero
(@amulero)
12/07/2019 5:32 pm  

Hi mommies,

Any tips on how to improve confidence? I don't know if this is normal but after I gave birth to my second child, I lost confidence in myself. I rarely look at myself in the mirror and every time I do, I hate what I'm seeing. I don't look as good as before even with makeup.

Anybody else who feels the same thing? Is this normal? How did you cope up with this?

ReplyQuote
Caroline Soriano
(@csoriano)
Admin
21/07/2019 4:47 pm  
Posted by: @amulero

Hi mommies,

Any tips on how to improve confidence? I don't know if this is normal but after I gave birth to my second child, I lost confidence in myself. I rarely look at myself in the mirror and every time I do, I hate what I'm seeing. I don't look as good as before even with makeup.

Anybody else who feels the same thing? Is this normal? How did you cope up with this?

Hi Ashley, this is admin C!

I think most moms have lost their self-esteem and confidence after birth. Perhaps it's because of the many changes that happened to us during and after pregnancy. 

I feel you and every now and then, I feel bad about myself but I know it won't get better if I keep on feeling this way. 

I suggest you find the culprits that lower your self-esteem. On my end, it's because of the dark circles and endless acne breakout so I invest on skincare essentials. It helped somehow especially when I'm too lazy to put makeup.

It also helps to have social media detox once in awhile. It may be hard to admit but sometimes, we compare ourselves to everything we see online, especially to those moms who manage to look good even after having a child. What I do is delete my social media apps (IG and FB) for three to five days to prevent myself from using it. Trust me, it feels good!

Having a positive affirmation that you can say every morning also helps and it's easy!! After waking up, take a deep breath, and tell yourself this: "I am confident. I am beautiful. And I love myself for who I am." Do this for a week and see how it helps you change your mindset about yourself and everything else.

ReplyQuote
Caitlin Wilson
(@cwilson)
Eminent Member
29/07/2019 4:43 pm  

@amulero

Hi!! :)))

I totally feel you! I lost my confidence after giving birth and even until now, I struggle a lot with feeling and looking good. But lately I realized that I can't do anything except accept the changes. 

Also, I invest on myself. Buy quality skincare and go out some time. It also helps to do a few affirmations, such as telling yourself that you are capable and you are worthy.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: