Forums

Me-time at home suggestions  

RSS

Carolina Miller
(@cmiller)
10/07/2019 7:20 pm  

I'm a mom of two and I work online at night time. In the morning, I do household chores and groceries. I barely have time for other things but I'm still wondering if there's any me-time activity that I can do at home? I'm so exhausted but I don't have the time to go out to unwind. 

ReplyQuote
DeeAna Lewis
(@dlewis)
10/07/2019 8:17 pm  

I don't have a child yet so I can't imagine how busier life would be if you have one. But I'd like to share a few tips, too. I'm a marketing director and often, I work for more than 10 hours a day. Also, since I travel a lot because of work, I barely have any time left for myself. When at home, I also do a few household chores and of course, take care of my eldest (my husband! 🤣 ) but still, I make sure that I will set have an hour or two of quiet time at home or outside. 

At home, I'll have a glass of wine, watch a Netflix series or read a book. If I'm not feeling lazy, I'd go out and have coffee with my friends. I read somewhere that having a date with your girlfriends is a must! I'm not sure though if I can do this after giving birth but I'm not complaining! Hope this helps anyway.

ReplyQuote
Caroline Soriano
(@csoriano)
Admin
21/07/2019 4:59 pm  
Posted by: @cmiller

I'm a mom of two and I work online at night time. In the morning, I do household chores and groceries. I barely have time for other things but I'm still wondering if there's any me-time activity that I can do at home? I'm so exhausted but I don't have the time to go out to unwind. 

Hi Mommy Carolina, this is admin C!

It's really challenging to squeeze in some me-time if you're a mom/dad but as they say, "if there's a will, there's a way".

I suggest you ask your husband to cover you while you have a quick-coffee date with a friend or salon. Don't feel guilty about it or don't deprive yourself because you deserve it. You've done a lot for your kids and it's time to reward yourself for being a good mom. You also need this to save your sanity so please, find time.

However, if you can't really go out, you can do the classic "wine night". Get a good wine and a good book... or just play a good music and forget about everything for a short time. 🤗 

Hope this helps. Thanks!

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: