Forums

How to encourage child to join sports  

RSS

Carolina Miller
(@cmiller)
12/07/2019 7:57 pm  

My son's stuck on his iPad and I want him to stop it -- or at least minimize the use. I was thinking of enrolling him to sports. He used to play basketball with his dad when he's 7 but now, he's not doing.

I think he has potential though but the last time I talked to him about this, he shut down the idea. How do I encourage to get back to sports? Can you recommend a good program in Florida?

ReplyQuote
Caroline Soriano
(@csoriano)
Admin
21/07/2019 3:44 pm  
Posted by: @cmiller

My son's stuck on his iPad and I want him to stop it -- or at least minimize the use. I was thinking of enrolling him to sports. He used to play basketball with his dad when he's 7 but now, he's not doing.

I think he has potential though but the last time I talked to him about this, he shut down the idea. How do I encourage to get back to sports? Can you recommend a good program in Florida?

Hi Mommy Carolina, this is admin C!

We all know how beneficial a sport is for one's physical and mental health, so it's really important to encourage your child to join sports. You mentioned that your son's into basketball but now, he's not doing it anymore. In my opinion, the first thing that you should do is find out why he lost his interest in it. Maybe he has other sports in mind and he feels like he's only limited to basketball.

If that's the case, then it's best to ask him if he has other sports in mind. There are different form of sports so there's a good chance that your kid will be interested in one. 😊 

Talk to him about it and remember to encourage your child, not pressure him into doing it. 

I found a great article about this and you can read it by clicking this link.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: